HIPAA Compliant Answering Service
One of the necessities of hiring an answering service in the medical industry is making sure you hire a HIPAA compliant answering service. This isn’t just a suggestion— it’s the law.
Elation Answering Service’s medical answering service agents who work with patient information are professionally trained to ensure that all patient files are secure.
All of our telephone answering service equipment is regularly updated and backed up to prevent hackers or system failures. Elation Answering Service puts a premium on security, which is why all of our agents working with privileged information are HIPAA trained and certified. Your confidential information will remain confidential at all times.
Before you hire just any HIPAA compliant answering service, be sure to ask if all of their customer service representatives (CSR) have completed the appropriate training to meet all regulations. Additional security measures should include the following practices:
- HIPAA Compliant and Secure Messaging Apps
- Privacy statements on the covers of all faxes
- Protected email portals and encrypted intranet
- Locked cabinets, desk drawers, and computer screens
- Secure systems for disposing of confidential information (shredding)
- Phone Agents trained on medical industry requirements